Could you help transform the Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust website?
We have a bold vision and need a volunteer WordPress Webmaster to help make it a reality!
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced volunteer to serve as a WordPress Webmaster / Web Designer.
Volunteering as a Website Designer at a charity is a great way to not only bulk up your work experience, but to use your expertise to help bring more attention to an important cause.
The Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust is the only charitable organisation solely focused on protecting, enhancing and encouraging the enjoyment of our amazing Blackwater Valley.
Working alongside the Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership and other local groups, we organise events, support projects, promote work parties and provide grants to make a difference to our valley.
As a volunteer, you’ll be working under the direction of our Marketing Trustee.
You will be responsible for breathing new life into our existing website.
We’ve created the vision for our new website. Utilising your experience of WordPress, Divi Themes and Elementor, you’ll help us deliver our refreshed website.
Initially, this is a short term project of 1-3 months, with the opportunity to continue in the role helping with routine maintenance and tweaks to the website.
How you’re helping
- Promoting the charity and improving our image to both stakeholders and the public.
- Helping the charity reach a wider audience.
- Generating brand awareness.
What you’re gaining
- The personal satisfaction of supporting a charity in a role you're confident in.
- The ability to contribute to a charity making a difference to your local area.
- Experience creating and executing a website strategy.
- Training and mentoring to help you within your ongoing marketing journey.
- Rolling out the change from the existing theme to the Divi Theme, along with redesigning each page to fit into the Elementor Page Layout format approved by the board.
- Directing or performing Website updates and ensuring that the website is mobile-friendly.
- Undertaking basic SEO tasks both technical and on-page
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends and advancements in WP applications and plugins.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting.
Can't wait to get started?
In the first instance, send an email with a copy of your CV, or a few paragraphs about your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org