We have introduced a small grants scheme to fund projects for like-minded organisations or groups in the Blackwater Valley, to help them achieve their objectives.
About the scheme
The minimum grant is £100 and the maximum is currently £3000.
Applications will be reviewed four times a year in the following months: January, April, July, October. Applicants will be informed by the end of the month of review, unless further information is needed.
Applications are now open
Some conditions apply:
- grants will only be made for purposes we consider to be within our own objectives
- funds cannot be provided for running or ongoing expenses
- applicants must have a constitution and a bank account.
How to apply
Examples of purposes that could qualify for grants include:
- equipment for groups to use for working on local nature areas
- improvements to places for the benefit of wildlife
- improving access to recreational facilities
- path improvements
- creating new wildlife habitats
- offering educational opportunities to the public
- monitoring and recording wildlife
Contact us with any questions.
In June 2017, we awarded our first grant when we gave Frimley Fuel Allotments a contribution towards their scheme to install a number of bat boxes. Trustee Bernard Baverstock gave advice on the purchases.
Since then, we have made several awards for various projects.