Here you'll find directions for section 2 of the Blackwater Valley Path.
Distance: 2.25 miles
1. From Pea Bridge, follow the path on the north bank of the River Blackwater. At the new housing, take the unsurfaced path between the crematorium and the River.
2. At Aldershot Park, either follow the north bank path past an adventure playground or take the south bank path alongside Tongham Pool. Tongham Pool is a shallow lake. The margins are ideal for wildfowl and water plants. The pool is also used by damselflies and dragonflies.
3. Cross the River on the bridge opposite a pedestrian underpass and turn left to follow the River.
4. At the main road, turn right towards the roundabout and cross the busy road carefully at the marked crossing point.
5. Safely on the other side, bear right and take the access track on the left to rejoin the riverside path.
6. Take the second footbridge over the River, just before the end of Shawfields.
7. At the path junction, turn right to cross back over the River. Turn left immediately and follow the river bank to the Basingstoke Canal aqueduct.