Here you'll find directions for section 1 of the Blackwater Valley Path.
Distance: 1.75 miles
1 Rowhill Nature Reserve
- Start on the track at the lower end of the car park beside the white house.
- At the source of the River Blackwater, bear left and pass Stickleback Pond.
- Turn right at the T junction of paths, keep on this path, passing a field on your left.
- Leave the wood via Parkland Grove and turn left into Weybourne Road.
2 Around Badshot Lea Lake
- Pass the pub, then cross the road and head under the railway bridge into Boxall's Lane.
- Turn right just after the railway bridge.
- Follow the path at the base of the railway embankment.
- Turn left at Lower Weybourne Lane.
- Just before the houses, take the path on the left alongside a stream.
- Follow the stream beind the houses and garage, then cross Badshot Lea Road
3 Pea Bridge
- Turn left to reach Pea Bridge.
- Turn right to rejolin the River Blackwater.