About the walk
Start point: Rowhill Nature Reserve car park, at the junction of Cranmore Lane (B3008) and Farnborough Road (A325), Aldershot, GU11 3BD. The car park is located adjacent to the Field Centre and on-street parking can be found locally. All we ask is that you are considerate to local residents. SU 849499.
Distance: 1.75 miles
Rail to Trail: Aldershot Station: 1.3 miles
Public transport is at the top of Cranmore Lane outside and opposite the Field Centre.
Rowhill Nature Reserve
1. Start on the track at the lower end of the Rowhill Nature Reserve car park beside the white house. At the source of the River Blackwater, bear left and pass Stickleback Pond.
2. At the T-junction of paths, go right. Keep on this path, heading straight on and ignoring many side paths in the wood. Pass the field on your left.
Around Badshot Lea Lake
3. Leave the wood via Parkland Grove and turn left into Weybourne Road. Pass the pub, then cross the road and head under the railway bridge into Boxall's Lane.
A detour along Boxall's Lane leads to Brickfields Country Park.
4. Just after the railway, turn right and follow the path at the base of the railway embankment. The ditch you cross is the diminutive River Blackwater.
5. At Lower Weybourne Lane, turn left. Just before the houses, take the path on the left alongside a stream. Follow the stream beind the houses and garage, then cross Badshot Lea Road.
6. Turn left to reach Pea Bridge and then turn right to rejoin the River Blackwater.