Our aims are to enhance the environment for both people and wildlife by:
- Promoting public access to the countryside by means of a programme of events, including walks and talks
- Involving people in their valley and the wildlife on their doorstep
- Identifying improvement ideas, creating projects and raising funds to progress them
- Encouraging a sense of belonging in the Blackwater Valley
We work closely with other organisations who support our objectives including:
- Blackwater Valley Countryside Partnership
- County and Local authorities
- Local groups with similar interests
The Blackwater Valley stretches from Rowhill on the Hampshire and Surrey border, to Swallowfield in Berkshire. After rising at Rowhill Copse, the river joins the Whitewater 23 miles later becoming the Broadwater. It has a surprisingly varied landscape rich in wildlife, and the shallow floodplain along the river, set amidst extensive heathlands and woodlands, contains many lakes and wet meadows created by many years of gravel and sand extraction. Over 300,000 people live in this area and the network of public green spaces and footpaths adds greatly to their quality of life.
Meet our Trustees
Join our Management Team
Would you like to make a difference to where you live? Have you got a few hours a month? Then a volunteer role in our Trust Management team could be the answer. We need people like you to help us continue our valuable work. With hundreds of members, we have a lot to do......
The most important thing you can bring is that you care about where we live - here in the Blackwater Valley. But perhaps you're also a good organiser? Know a bit about customer service? Got some knowledge of, or an interest in, wildlife and conservation? Do you have any town and country planning knowledge? Maybe you have an IT background, or you might even be a whizz at social media? Knowledge of how charities and business work is helpful, but not essential. And these are only a few examples - any one or combination of them would be a great help,as will any other useful experience you can bring to the table.
Want to know a bit more?